Interesting Things About The Number 11 in Science and Technology
- In Chemistry, the element of Sodium has the Atomic Number 11
- In Chemistry, Group 11 includes the three coinage metals copper, silver, and gold known from antiquity. It also includes the superheavy element roentgenium, which was discovered only recently.
- In physics, M-theory is a proposed "master theory" that unifies the five superstring theories. Eleven is the number of spacetime dimensions in M-theory.
Read more about M-Theory and the 11th Dimensions
- 137 (1+3+7=11) corresponds to the fine structure constant, representing one of the constants in physics when an electron emits light while changing from one state to another.
All events in existence (be it matter, the universe, life, a force, motion) demand a 1:1 relationship in order to occur, including each '1' in the 1:1 formula
- Apollo 7 was the first manned mission in the American Apollo space program, and the first manned US space flight after a cabin fire killed the crew of what was to have been the first manned mission, AS-204 (later renamed Apollo 1), during a launch pad test in 1967. It was a C type mission—an 11-day Earth-orbital mission. It's Launch date was October 11, 1968, 15:02:45 UTC and it's Landing took place at October 22, 1968, at 11:11:48. Apollo 11 was an American spaceflight in which the astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first ever to land on the Moon on July 20, 1969, at 20:18 UTC. While being interviewed for a documentary in 2005, Buzz Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an U.F.O while on the Apollo 11 flight, but he later retracted the statement. Apollo 17 lands on the moon for NASA's last lunar mission on December 7,1972 Launched at 12:33 a.m. EST.
This was the 11th manned mission and final mission of the Apollo space program.
- A rocket must travel at 11.2 kilometres per second to escape the Earth's gravititational field when orbiting into space.
- Jupiter takes 11 Earth years to make one trip around the sun33. Also, It would take 11 earths to fill the diameter of Jupiter
- The deepest point of the ocean floor is 11.03 km at the bottom of the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific Ocean.
- The Great Blue Norther of 11/11/11 (November 11th 1911) was the biggest cold snap in U.S. history. Many cities broke record highs early that afternoon. By nightfall, cities were dealing with single-digit temperatures on the Fahrenheit scale. This is the only day in many midwest cities' weather bureau jurisdictions where the record highs and lows were broken for the same day.
The number 11 in Mathematics & Computers
The Number 11 in Entertainment and Culture
The number 11 in Religion & Spirituality
The number 11 in History & Politics
The number 11 in Celestial Events & Time
Next Page [The Number Eleven in Religion and Spirituality]