Interesting Things About The Number Eleven in History and Politics
Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice. (11/11/1918). The anniversary of this day is still celebrated as Veterans Day on November 11th in the United States and as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world
- Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak stepped down on Feb.11th, 2011. (2/11/11)
- Israel was accepted as member of the United Nations on May 11, 1949.
- On March 11th 2011, there was a major earthquake and tsunami in Japan off the Pacific coast of Tōhoku. This occurred on the 11th both in Japan time and US time. It was the most powerful known earthquake ever to have hit Japan, and one of the five most powerful earthquakes in the world since modern record-keeping began in 1900. Is is also known as the 'Great East Japan Earthquake' and the 3.11 Earthquake. Shinmoedake, a volcano in Kyushu, erupted two days after the earthquake. The volcano had previously erupted in January 2011; it is not known if the later eruption was linked to the earthquake.
Four days later on April 11, another strong magnitude 6.6 Mw aftershock struck Fukushima, causing additional damage and killing a total of three people. Chile's section of Pacific coast is one of the furthest from Japan, at about 17,000 km (11,000 mi) away, but still was struck by tsunami waves 2 m (6.6 ft) high
- Hurricane Iniki was the most powerful hurricane to strike the U.S. state of Hawai'i in recorded history. Forming on September 5 during the strong El Niño of 1991–1994, Iniki was one of eleven Central Pacific tropical cyclones during the 1992 season. It attained tropical storm status on September 8 and further intensified into a hurricane the next day. After turning to the north, Iniki struck the island of Kaua'i on September 11 1992 at peak intensity; it had winds of 145 mph (235 km/h), and was a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.
- Ground is broken in the first day of construction for the United States Pentagon building on September 11, 1941 The Pentagon includes a five-acre (20,000 m2) central plaza, which is shaped like a pentagon and informally known as "Ground Zero", a nickname originating during the Cold War.
On September 11, 2001, exactly 60 years after the building's groundbreaking, hijacked American Airlines Flight 77—a Boeing 757-223—was crashed into the western side of the Pentagon. The Coordinates of the Pentagon building is 38°52′15.56″N 77°3′21.46″W.
In addition to the Hoover Airport site and other government-owned land, construction of the Pentagon required an additional 287 acres (1.16 km2), which were acquired at a cost of $2.2 million.The Hell's Bottom neighborhood, a slum with numerous pawnshops, factories, approximately 150 homes, and other buildings around Columbia Pike, was also cleared to make way for the Pentagon. Later 300 acres (1.2 km2) of land were transferred to Arlington National Cemetery and to Fort Myer, leaving 280 acres (1.1 km2) for the Pentagon. Contracts totaling $31,100,000 were finalized on September 11 1941, and ground was broken for the Pentagon the same day, The World Trade Center site, also became known as "Ground Zero" after the September 11 attacks in NYC. American Airlines Flight number11 was the first flight hijacked that day.
- On September 9, 1998, A Nova Scotia plane with flight number 111 crashed with no survivor. There were no Survivors. The plane was Model MD-11
- Aviation Thermobaric Bomb of Increased Power (ATBIP), nicknamed the "Father of All Bombs" (FOAB), is a Russian-made air-delivered/land-activated thermobaric weapon. The bomb is reportedly four times more powerful than the U.S. military's GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (whose official military acronym "MOAB" is often colloquially said as the "Mother of All Bombs"). The FAOB is the most powerful conventional (non-nuclear) weapon in the world. In comparison, the MOAB produces the equivalent of 11 tons of TNT from 8 tons of high explosive. The bomb was successfully field-tested in the late evening of September 11, 2007.
The number 11 in Celestial Events & Time
The Number 11 Synchronicity and 9/11 Events
Synchronicities involving the Number Eleven and The 9/11 World Trade Center Events
The number 11 in Mathematics & Computers
The Number 11 in Entertainment and Culture
The number 11 in Science & Technology
The number 11 in Religion & Spirituality
The Number 11 Synchronicity and September 11th Events
The Number Eleven