Sometimes all we need is a little inspiration and motivation in our lives. Here you will find a collection of motivational and inspirational articles and stories for self empowerment and personal development, courage and creativity, success and inner-strength, hope and encouragment, and advice for finding peace and happiness when dealing with those every day ups-and-downs that life throws our way.
In my opinion, I believe that character is not something that just happens by itself, any more than a chisel can create a work of art without the hand of an artist guiding it. In both instances, a conscious decision for a specific outcome has been made. A conscious process is at work.
Character is the result of hundreds and hundreds of choices you make that gradually turn who you are, at any given moment, into who you want to be. If that decision-making process is not present, you will still be somebody. You will still be alive, but may have a personality rather than a character.
Character is not something you were born with and canít change, like your fingerprints. In fact, because you werenít born with it, it is something that you must take responsibility for creating. I donít believe that adversity by itself builds character and I certainly donít think that success erodes it.
Character is built by how you respond to what happens in your life. Whether itís winning every game or losing every game. Getting rich or dealing with hard times. You build character out of certain qualities that you must create and diligently nurture within yourself. Just like you would plant and water a seed or gather wood and build a campfire. Youíve got to look for those things in your heart and in your gut. Youíve got to chisel away in order to find them. Just like chiseling away the rock in order to create the sculpture that previously existed only in your imagination.
But do you want to know the really amazing thing about character? If you are sincerely committed to making yourself into the person you want to be, youíll not only create those qualities but youíll continually strengthen them. And you will recreate them in abundance even as you are drawing on them every day of your life. Just like the burning bush in the biblical book of Exodus, the bush burned but the flames did not consume it. Character sustains itself and nurtures itself even as it is being put to work, tested, and challenged. An once character is formed, it will serve as a solid, lasting foundation upon which to build the life you desire.
1. Make the decision and determination to do what it takes to let your light shine.
2.Do self-examination to see what you need to do. Ask yourself questions such as who am I really? What am I here to do? Am I satisfied with my work? Am I satisfied with my life the way it is? What do I need to change and how can I change these things? If you feel stuck while trying to answer these questions, seek divine intervention. That is always a sure way to get your questions answered. Self-examination will help you begin to think outside the box and have the freedom to allow transformation in different areas of your life. You might see some frightening things that you really need to change, but feel the fear and do it any way. Come up with a plan and set realistic and achievable goals. You can begin by writing down one or more things that you would like to accomplish in the next 30 days, for example; I wil lose 5 pounds. Or those you would like to accomplish in the next 90 days. You can set long term goals. Be mindful of the time you have set to complete your goals and work diligently to accomplish them within those time frames.
3. Embrace your passion; your desire; your purpose; your calling or your assignment; whatever you may call it. What is it that you love to do and would do even if you did not pay for doing it? If you can pin point this one thing and begin to take it seriously; to own it and act upon it, you would be surprised to see what happens and you will be well on your way to letting your light shine.
4. Change your way of thinking. Being aware of battles that go own in your mind and taking those thoughts captive is very important to your transformation. As you well know our minds can really trip us and if we are not careful or take it seriously you could spend a lot of time focusing on the wrong things, such as the unpleasant memories of your past. One of the first changes you must make is to take every thought captive, control your emotions and take authority over the battles of your mind.
5. Get out of the mind-set of thinking that you have to be an employee for the rest of your life. I know you may feel comfortable and secured in your job, as I did, but there are no guarantees, especially in these tough economic times when so many people are loosing their traditional jobs. There is a call for creativity. You must find your essence; your unique self and bring it to life so you can fulfill your destiny. Please don't go to your grave without tapping into that power that lies within you, waiting to be exhaled. You can do it! I dare you!
6.Begin with the end in mind. To keep in mind you must write things down. When we try to commit things to memory we get distracted by all the things that we have to do in our busy lives and we soon lose our focus from the main thing.
7. Invest in yourself and your future and expect the unexpected. Know that nothing is free. Do your due diligence; find people who are skilled in the areas in which you are weak and pay them to do those things that are necessary to get you where you want to go. A coach or a mentor is a must. There is no Plan "B", so go ahead and execute Plan "A". Do your research and increase in knowledge and wisdom. The Internet is a wonderful tool; use it.
8.Focus your intentions on your goals and do not give up until you succeed. Just be aware that detractions, disappointments, trials and tribulations, stumbling blocks; you name them, they will come, but if you remain single - minded and focused nothing can stop you.
9. Get help. If you know you have been struggling with moving a head then find people who are doing what you would like to do, who are where you want to be or where you know you should be. Let them mastermind with you and assist you with strategies that you can implement as you attempt to move beyond the barriers that get in your way of succeeding and living life to the fullest. Apply these 9 steps and let your light shine in 2013.
Every experience that a person has impacts him or her positively or negatively. All of the positive moments most likely enhance our daily motivation. Daily motivation is what enables us to strive to be better people, to work towards goals, and to lead fulfilling lives.
Many of us set goals for ourselves. In turn, these goals motivate us to work hard to achieve success. Goals drive an individual's daily motivation. Goals such as getting a Master's degree, having a high-paying job, getting married, purchasing an expensive car, or mortgaging a home drive a person to succeed. When setting a goal, a person must remember that taking small steps to achieve it helps keep up a positive attitude. It is best not to get overwhelmed with attaining a huge goal quickly; but rather one should take small steps to get it done. The desire to accomplish a goal is what keeps people going, even on bad days.
A positive attitude is a source of daily motivation. Believing that one of your goals is too difficult to achieve will eventually prevent you from achieving it. Having a negative attitude will cause you both internal and external stress. A negative attitude will de-motivate you, and put you on the road to failure. To achieve your goals, you must be able to tell yourself that every goal can be attained with hard work. If you tell yourself that you can do it, chances are that you will. Never underestimate the power of the mind. Daily motivation is all about attitude and outlook.
While not all of us are religious, many people who are will agree that religion helps improve daily motivation. Religion can be used as a great motivational tool for people from all walks of life. Religion - no matter what kind - encourages mindfulness and internal motivation. The religious depend on their beliefs to strengthen them mentally.
People often depend on their religion when things are going downhill. Prayer and meditation inspire those who might otherwise turn to drinking, food, or drugs to nurture their spirits. Religion may help some people to be more mentally and physically healthy. Therefore, religion is a positive source of daily motivation.
The desire to live:
Daily motivation also comes in the simple desire to live. Whether children, a job, or money inspires someone to get out of bed in the morning, that person is motivated by something in life.
Even things as simple as nature can motivate someone to maintain a positive attitude about life even when times get hard. A person can take pleasure in nature's beauty by taking time to smell the roses or listen to the birds sing. Studies show that people who live in warmer climates have a more positive attitude about life in general. These same people also have the tendency to go outside and exercise more often. This exercise brings about a sense of inner peace and positive feelings, thus becoming a daily motivation for many people.